The number of jobs one takes on is exhausting....
- grant writer
- office girl
- grunt worker (who carries all that rigging?)
- and the list goes on...
- "What was I thinking when I started this show?"
- "Why did I think I could put all these different aerial apparatus together with a film and theater scenes and make a whole evening?"
- "Why would anyone choose to do this?"
- losing my parents and sharing their hospice care with my siblings
- looking at the next generation (my son and his friends and my young students)
- feeling the big shift that occurs when one generation goes and another rises
- with my parents gone so was the buffer between me and mortality; for the first time I began to feel death whispering my name and I wanted to explore that
- persevering with artists that stay for the long haul of taking risks
- seeing an end result that brings us all together
- watching a dancer fly
So here we go - another leap of faith that making art makes sense.
Come see the show (and let me know)
Is it worth it?
Get Tickets Here