Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What's UP with the Scholarship?

Sometimes people ask me why I do a scholarship for dancers of color to study with us.
There are loads of reasons to do this but my main one is that I see how easy it is to live our lives separated, to accept that some areas of our lives are not integrated.

We live in one of the most diverse cities in the U.S. though, so our dance classes and companies should try to reflect that.

I'm not saying I would take a less talented dancer into our company due to the color of his/her skin. But I do like having a diverse group of people in a class that is about sharing who we are as individuals. And if a dancer of color finds that the aerial bug bites them through our scholarship, that's great! (and you can bet I will try to get them to dance for us).


Come join the fun - SCHOLARSHIP 2013
SATURDAY, JANUARY 19 @ 4:30 pm
Soundance Studio, 281 N. 7th Street
Buzzer #7, 2nd Floor



Email us to reserve your spot flybynightdance@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment